Thursday, June 26, 2008

Today I turn 35!


Today is my 35th birthday. Yesterday I was thinking of things I have accomplished and activities I have done in my past. I thought about stuff I did in High School like Track and Field and hanging out with friends. I thought about when I turned 19, That was a packed weekend. Friday the day before my birthday I had my Eagle Scout court of Honor. I received my Eagle Scout there at the last minute. I don't know why I waited till the end to get it but my mother encouraged me to finish so I did. And I feel that was a good accomplishment. The next day was my birthday and the following day was my mission farewell. Tuesday I came to Utah for the first time. At the time my uncle lived here. They picked me up and I stayed the night with them and then the next day they took me to Training Table and I had a yummy burger before entering the MTC. I find this amusing because 2 years ago I took my cousin to the MTC but before that I took him to the Training Table to eat before that.

One of the other things I thought about was all my time going to colleges. I say colleges because I went to 4 of them before I was done. Before my mission I took a class or two at the Community College in San Bernardino, California. After my mission I tried to go to BYU but couldn't get in. I then went to Rick's College. I really liked it there. I did have a time that I got burned out, going all year long with no breaks can do that. But after 18 months I finished their and returned home. I then attended some classes at Cal State San Bernardino. I can't remember why I decided to leave California and move to Utah, but I did and after several years I finished School with my Degree in Multimedia Communication Technology.

These are just a few things I have done in the Last 35 years. It has had its ups and downs but it was all good. I have a great family and some awesome friends. I love all you guys and gals. Here's to the next 35 years! :)

2 comments:

Lizza said...

Happy Birthday! We're sorry to have missed it, but we'll make it up with sweet game of Catan when we get home.

Hope you celebrated well.

Patty said...

We look forward to the next 35 too! We love you and can't wait to see you in two weeks.